Pages

Thursday 18 August 2011

Dancing to the Afro-Beat of Drums



I recently went to see Fela!, the musical about the life of Afro-beat pioneer Fela Kuti. I didn't have a clue about the man or the music before I went to the show. It was incredible. An explosion of drums, dance and colour-with a social message. I'm not a Fela expert so I won't discuss him but I will say I've been discovering his music and I'm sold. A fusion of jazz, funk, soul and Latin music, it's literally music to my ears. The version above is from the Broadway show but it's currently on in London at Sadler's Wells until the end of the month.


I remember when going to the theatre was a very formal affair and  you had to dress accordingly. I'm not one to go to these kinds of events too casually but I was going to be spending the day in rainy London so my outfit had to be versatile. 


 

I love denim jackets and I've had this one for ages. It's from J.Crew, an American brand and I remember being shocked by how much it cost at the time but as it's lasted 7 years. I think that's good value for money. 

Denim Jacket-J.Crew
Dress and Lace trimmed tank-Monsooon
Belt-Accessorize
Shoes-Primark
Bag-Vintage Louis Vuitton
Hair Band-New Look
Earrings-Topshop

I felt comfortable, happy and I enjoyed myself. What more could one want?

Till next time beauties,

Deja xx

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment